Wednesday 28 October 2015

7 Days of All Day Christmas Class Cards. Day 2: Peaceful Wreath - with lots of Top Tips!

Hello there,
So I hope you liked yesterday's, first post in this week long series? I had such a nice time designing the cards for this class and I think the ladies who came along enjoyed making them too ;-)
OK, please let me share with you the second card in this series.  I wanted a good mix of modern and traditional cards at this class and so for this card I turned to the very lovely Peaceful Wreath stamp set and gave it a more modern spin. It's no secret that I've been enjoying watercolouring lately (just scroll down to see...;-)) and so this stamp set was top of my list when I saw the Autumn/Winter catalogue. Lets see why...
 For this first design we used the brick wall embossing folder for the background.
TIP 1: Use thick white card to stamp the wreath as well as for the card base. It watercolours well and stays firm when die cutting and adhering to the card - meaning you need less dimensionals too!
TIP 2: Stamp the sentiment before embossing. This one is from the Flurry of Wishes stamp set.
 TIP 3: Stamp the "wreath hanger" die cut strip using the tails of the bow stamp, then it matches the bow.
And here is the second version of this card. This time we used the Softly Falling folder as the background and added a red glimmer paper sentiment using the Christmas Greetings Thinlits. These thinlits are also available as a bundle saving 15% with their matching stamps (stamps not used here, but I do have some examples coming soon...)
Most useful product of the day? Probably Definately the Fine Tip Glue Pen, it was invaluable for adding these delicate greetings die cuts - as well as the wooden snowflakes and much more!
 TIP 4: I added a layer of standard whisper white card to the inside front of this card. This is because once the front had been embossed it breaks down the fibres making it softer and less regid. A layer of white card keeps this card standing firm but you still get that single layer, modern feel.
 And finally I added plenty of Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details glitter glue to complete this card.
TIP 5: Don't forget to leave this card (flat) and allow plenty of time for the glitter glue to dry ;-)
Well, thats todays cards for you, done! I hope you liked them and I'll be back tomorrow with another card from this class to share with you with another video too! Don't forget to pop back then :-D
Thanks for stopping by today :-)
Here is the Online Shoppers Code for use this October. Please use this code when shopping in my Online Store and spending between £25 and £150 for a free thank you gift after the end of the month. If you spend over £150 you will earn your own fabulous rewards :-)
ZNZFZYAN
Stampin' Hugs,
Products Used to create this project:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...