Friday 4 September 2015

Waste Not, Want Not! A Christmas Card Using Winter Wonderland Vellum Stack and Reindeer Clips By SU!

Hello,
This evenings post is all about not wasting your scraps! I made this card wanting to use the circle that I die cut from THIS CARD to make it's window the other day. I teamed it with the very lovely antler pattern vellum from the Winter Wonderland stack and these super cute reindeer clips to make this card...
 I snipped a little notch with my craft knife in this circle and added the clip to the centre. 
 and I finally got a hold of the Washi Label punch! This sentiment is from the Flurry Of Wishes stamp set.
As you can see this is a single layer card and I embossed the card base using the lovely new folder called Softly Falling. I did feel with the single card layer it became a little too flexible for a card base so my TOP TIP is to add another layer of black card to the back of the card front for support and voila, a perfect solution and you still get this CAS look!
I added some lovely gold thread behind the circular panel.
 And a top view to finish tonight.
Thanks as ever for looking tonight and I hope you have enjoyed my little idea for using up those scraps. I know how much us crafters hate to wasting anything!!
Once again this post has taken longer than I thought to write tonight so apologies for the lateness, possibly because I have been watching the Bake Off as I typed this after working tonight ;-)
I'll be back tomorrow with a double card treat for you! 'Till then,
Stampin' Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...