Saturday 28 March 2015

For Being You Sale-a-Bration stamp by Stampin' Up! with a FREE Whitewash Technique Tutorial!

Hi there,
There's lots going on here today again! It's my daughters 14th birthday today so we are gong out for early tea soon :-)
I just wanted to pop on here and share the photo tutorial I did for you the other day whilst I was making this card using the Sale-a-Bration stamp set 'For Being You' which contains this gorgeous Thanks stamp and a few others too. Remember SaB finishes on Tuesday so place your last minute orders (over £45) in soon to get free products!
OK, so I started with a crumb cake card to make this simple style one layer card.
 I heat embossed the Thanks word straight onto the crumb cake card using versamark and gold embossing powder. 
but I stamped these hearts after the whitewashing.
 I also added a coat of glitter to the whitewashed areas using my Wink of Stella pen. I did this the next day so I knew it was dry ;-)
 And I made quite a few too! So, do you want to try this technique too??
 That's great as I took pictures whilst I was making these cards ;-) 
So, to start you need to heat emboss your large Thanks stamp, I used Gold powder but any colour would work.
1. Begin by squeezing some water through your brush. I then dabbed the excess off as you need it wet but not soaking. You need enough water so your ink coverage looks like this. You could use a paint brush or blender pen too, of course.
2. I found the white craft was easiest to work with when I did just a small area (3 letters) at a time. 
3. Blot the excess ink away.
4. Repeatedly dab over each letter to dry some more.
5. Buff away the ink from the embossed areas.
6. Ta Dah! Finished. I coloured in the shadows only on mine using a blender pen and Crisp Cantaloupe ink pad. I then went back the next day after they were completely dry and re-coloured the shadows to make them darker still.
And here's the card again to finish.
I really hope you have a go at this fun technique and if you do please remember to share it with me ;-)
Thanks as always for looking today.
Stampin' Hugs,

Products Used to create this project:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...