Tuesday 28 October 2014

Stampin' Up! Convention in Brussels Part 3

Hello there!
And welcome to my last instalment of Brussels 2014 at Stampin' Up! Convention. Today's post has many more pictures of Brussels than actual convention as the Saturday's events finished in the afternoon. We then had the Saturday night and 'till 1pm on the Sunday to fill. I'm so glad we did too as there was so much to see but I don't think we really did a quarter of what there was to do!
Anyway, when we got up Saturday morning this was the outlook, to the right, out of our hotel window. You can see the sun coming up over Brussels and it just caught this golden statue in its path perfectly. (I shared this on Instagram at the time, feel free to follow me there if you want)
 After breakfast we headed back over to the convention centre and had lots more talks and demos including from Paula Gorry our UK Business development manager and also a PLxSU demo by Katie, Carrie and Shannon from the home office...
 And of course the convention ended with a talk and demo from Shelli herself. We were sat right up the front for this last section so it felt like we were crafting right with her ;-)
 She was showing us projects using "Oh my Goodies" from the Annual catalogue. I must admit to seeing this set in a whole new light after Shelli's presentation...
 Shelli also shared some ideas using Wondrous Wreath from the Autumn/Winter catalogue. 
I loved this slate and silver heat embossed version. Shelli then gave away this set as her Prize Patrol. I did not win unfortunately :-( lol
 Anyway after convention ended we had a couple of hours before we met up to go out that evening but on the way back to the hotel Jules and I found a "Waffle Van" Just like an ice cream van - but much better, someone seriously needs to do this in the UK!!
We went out for dinner that evening and here is one of the very few pictures I took. This one was taken in the Grand Place and it was packed with fire engines and other emergency vehicles ;-)
Sunday came and we met up with a friend of Julies, Anne. Anne lives in Brussels and she kindly showed us around all the sights in the daylight ;-) 
Thanks so much Anne for taking the time to share this wonderful city with us x



 And before we went Jules treated us to a drink in a cafe right near the hotel, this was the view from my seat! It was so warm there that weekend.
Well, as you can probably guess I loved Brussels. I'd love to take my Hubby with me in the future so I think I best start saving!
Thanks again for visiting with me here and sharing this look back at my time in Brussels. I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have...
So, tomorrow I'll be back to normal with crafty projects again. I have so many to share with you right now it's hard to decide where to start!! 
Stampin' Hugs for today,

1 comment:

  1. Your photos look fantastic and it sounds like you had a marvelous time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...