Wednesday 24 September 2014

Dr Who Card for an 18th Birthday

Hello there!
I have a card today that took me a-g-e-s to make, figuring out all the details etc! But now I have all the measurements I think it would be a breeze to make multiples. Good job I have made a tutorial for you all to make them too! I'll share the card with you today and will be back tomorrow with the full tutorial.
Now, I made this version as a Dr Who card but you could easily "un"- doctor it and just make it a suit by adding a standard tie, a different (plain) bow tie or even turn it into a Black Tie event too. There are so many possibilities with this card by just changing a few details, just keeping the basic structure.
Anyway, I'll stop chatting and share the card with you now shall I? This picture shows how the card will  look on your shelf...
...but here it is held closed, it has a fair size overlap as a jacket would in real life! 
(that's a little magnet at the bottom, holding it closed) 
 The bow tie is Stampin' Up's gift bow bigz die. The paper is retired but I thought it was a perfect pattern for this card. I trimmed the "tails" of the bow so they were the same length as the loops, like a real bow tie would be. There are a couple of fab DSP with great patterns for this bow tie in the recently updated Clearance rack right now, links are at the end of this post but please  remember they are only while stocks last! These lovely Gold buttons are from the Autumn/Winter seasonal.
 A matching paper handkerchief in the front pocket
 the jacket open and with a sonic screwdriver that was a last minute addition ;-)
 Inside I added a sentiment, this one is from Perfect Pennants
 And a side view to finish. 
Bonus! This card fits into a standard C5/A5 envelope too!
So, I have done a tutorial for you on how to make this card and I will be posting this tomorrow for your own use!
**EDITED TO SAY HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE TUTORIAL, ENJOY!**
Thanks as ever for looking today and I hope you liked the card?!
Stampin' hugs,
Products Used to create this project:

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this brilliant idea, Sarah Jane. Any Doctor Who fan would love it & Such a great general masculine card idea too. I pinned it away for later & adapted it to make a smaller tux card for my masculine card class last week. If you'd like to see what I did, my post is here: http://dianebarnes.blogspot.com.au/2015/08/jai-276-just-add-male-cards-suited-up.html
    Thanks again for sharing it.
    Warm & inky wishes, Di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Di,
      Great job! so glad you liked my tutorial!
      Hugs, Sarah-Jane xx

      Delete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...