Sunday 10 August 2014

A Duo of Men's Cards using the Banners Framelits and Birthday Surprise by Stampin' Up!

Hello there,
I hope you are well? I have been away from the 'ole blog for a couple of days but certainly not away from crafting! I've been very busy designing cards for class and magazine commissions too, to see some of my magazine work please pop over to my FACEBOOK page, I thought I might blog them for you to see here in the future though? ;-)
OK, so today I have a duo of cards to share with you (to make up for my absence some ;-))
I designed the first card for my BiL who's birthday is coming up (I'm 99% sure he doesn't read my blog, here's hoping!) I used the cool Moonlight paper pad and two of the Banner Framelits- these are on offer this week only for just £17.21 instead of £22.95, only 'till Tuesday night though so hurry! I love these framelits, they are so handy to have, the second card is one we will be making at class this week as I liked the first one so much!

This is the first card made in a DL size, I used Night of Navy with a white layer then a Sahara Sand to layer.
For the background I stamped three of the images from the Birthday Surprise set using versamark.



These banners are made with the second and third smallest Banner framelits, I glued them together and to the card layer with just a couple of tiny dabs of glue so they are free at the bottom and then trimmed the top.
I then held the ribbon and twine and stapled them all to the card layer. 
Shhh. NEW mini stapler coming very soon.... ;-)




This sentiment is from the set too and I love how handy it is going to be for men's cards, it's not too fussy but stamped in a different colour it could also be used for girly cards too ;-)
and this card is the one we will be making at class this week, it's virtually the same the only changes are the size (this is a standard C6 size) and the colours are changed to Lost Lagoon and Smoky Slate
 the banners are the same size as before and they are from the same stack but a different pattern and I added Island Indigo bakers twine (retired but try Bermuda Bay twine instead) to this design 
 sentiment is stamped in Lost Lagoon too
 a close up of the background
 and here they are together again!
I hope you liked today's cards? remember the Banner Framelits are only on offer 'till midnight Tuesday.
Thanks for visiting today
Stampin' Hugs,
Products Used to create this project:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...