Thursday 10 July 2014

Work of Art for Fathers Day

Hello! 
I'm late with posting today as hubby is away and I've had a busy day running around and then going to sports day for Zack, it was glorious weather but dare I say a little too hot?! However, I did have my trusty chair with a shade so that really helped ;-)
OK, as I was going through my photos that I had taken from camera earlier and I realised I hadn't shared my Dad's Fathers Day card with you! So I'm taking a break from Spiral Flowers today and going with this quite CAS card that I made using Work of Art in a colour combo of Midnight Muse (retired but Night of Navy is a good alternative), Coastal Cabana (again) and Sahara Sand which I love as a neutral. Here you go...
I inked just parts of stamps with my marker to make the "Happy" and "Day" 
with the die-cut word "father" (a Clearly Besotted die), obviously mine says "Fathers". To achieve this I trimmed some of the tail from the end of father and added the "s" from their congrats die to make Fathers, cool huh? I then coated it in Versamark and Heat and Sick powder, melted and added Dazzling Diamonds, blast quickly again and this is what you get, I love this effect even of it is a bit fiddly for thin words like this ;-)
 twine decoration at the top
 and inside the sentiment is also from Work of Art but I only inked the You are Fabulous part with a marker, not the full "You are a fabulous Work of art", I like this version as it's much more versatile :-)
OK, that's all from me for today
I'll be back with another card tomorrow and hopefully I'll get my large-ish SU! new stash order really soon, I've been delaying placing my order because I just didn't know what to choose from the tons of fab goodies in the new catalogue, if you haven't seen yet why not TAKE A LOOK at the catty ;-)
Stampin' Hugs from me,
Products Used to create this project:

1 comment:

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...