Sunday 13 October 2013

Mrs Clause Dress Up Tag with FREE TUTORIAL

Hello there,
Back to Christmas again today! I wanted to give the ladies coming to my all day Christmas Kick Start class a bag with their papers, ribbons and gems etc in but it also had to be big enough to take all their hand made cards home in.
**Please Scroll Down for the Mrs Clause Dress Tutorial**
 I found these lovely paper bags but of course I had to decorate them so I turned to my Big Shot with the ever useful Top Note die and Dress Up framelits too...
So, the ladies who chose red a their colour scheme had this tag on their bags, the bottom half of the Crumb Cake die cut is decorated with more of the Season's of Style paper, and of course Mrs Claus' dress which I made in Real Red
 I used the new Gold Ink pad with the snowflake from the Hostess set Warmth and Wonder to decorate the top section, message me to find out how you can get your own hostess exclusive Warmth and Wonder stamp set ;-)
 and the "Blue Ladies" had this bag tag, I used Winter Frost Paper at the bottom of these Whisper White tags with the new Silver ink using the same snowflake from Warmth and Wonder
 I made Night of Navy Mrs Clause dresses for the blue bags ;-)
 and a few of the blue bags together,
 So, these are the dresses and I tried a couple of ways but this method was by far the quickest and most effective way of  making these dresses easily. 
 So, in addition to the Dress Up framelits you need this; the 1+1/4" scallop circle punch
Also making these dresses was made a lot easier with the Magnetic Platform as it significantly reduced "slippage" making multiples much easier; although, of course, it's not essential.
 Punch from white card a scallop circle, you don't need the whole thing, just leave off the bottom 5 scallops when you punch
 then (and you can do two (or three max) at at time with the Magnetic Platform but I would suggest just one layer at a time without it) die cut the sweetheart neckline from scallop circles like so, making sure the point is in the centre of the scallop at the bottom,
Adhere to your already die cut dress and decorate with 3mm Taffeta ribbon (I used Silver and  Black)and a small flower in the centre of the "belt" from the Punch Pack
*Remember, you can click on any of the pictures if you want to make them larger*


{I did try to add the punched shape whole and trim from the back but as the collar of the dress comes in at the top it was not only tricky but wasn't as neat as this and definitely took longer, it can be done but I wouldn't recommend it ;-)}





Well, I hope you have enjoyed today's post as much as I did making these little Mrs Clause dresses?
Thanks for stopping by and remember to link back here if you make some of your own, I would love to see yours too :-)
Stampin' hugs,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...