Friday 25 October 2013

Flower Shop with Gorgeous Grunge and a top tip for punching with the matching Pansy Punch

Hello!
I have the third card from last weeks class for you today using the fab Flower Shop stamp set with it's matching Pansy punch (plus, get 15% off when purchased TOGETHER)
So, the card first and further down this post your need to know on mounting/using the stamps and punch together...
So, I used a pretty colour combo of Crisp Cantaloupe and Basic Grey with Naturals Vanilla for stamping on, the lovely splatters in the background are from Gorgeous Grunge which currently has 25% off! 
BUT only 'till the 28th October!! 
If you only get one of the 25% off sets, Please, make it this one!
(to see more projects using Gorgeous Grunge or Flower Shop please click on the labels at the very bottom of this post) 
Top Tip: I found the best way to adhere these kind of things onto a card is using glue dots :-)
 Punched flowers were added with a single and then double layer of dimensionals, and a few pearls scattered  around too..
 and finally, the sentiment is Sweet Essentials
So, top tip time, I just want to say at this point I was most definitely not the first to do this, I just took pics as I went to save you hunting for it when you mount your set, there are of course lots out there on the web so please feel free to search for others too :-) Thanks too to all those who shared this tip before I mounted mine.
So, that said, begin by punching a piece of card..
 mark the front ;-)
 flip over L-R or R-L and mark the back *remember to keep the top, at the top*
 then add a flower to a clear block and find the top of the flower, there is just one way it fits correctly (if you are mounting onto wood find the top of the flower before mounting onto the block) 
For Clear: Mark your stamp where the top of the punch will be, I chose between the petals as there was a tad more room to add the dot 
For Wood: Simply mark the rubber and mount to flower onto your block with the mark at the very top, not between the petals, you can then mark the front of the block too to show the top.
 Back to clear mount: Follow the stamp round and mark at the top of the foam and then the back, this should then be directly behind the front mark...
 I also marked my punch to remind me (if I haven't played with this set for a while) where the dot goes on the clear mount set, so slightly to the left of the top the same as this punch shows, this shouldn't really need to be done though if you have the wood mount stamps ;-)
and the front too :-)
OK, that's all for today from me, I hope this makes sense and perhaps is a help to someone too?? 
I'm having my cupboard in my craft room finished today so I'll take a few pics and share them with you as soon as it's finished and tidy (hopefully!) I think that might take most of the weekend though ;-)
Thanks for visiting today,
Stampin' Hugs,
 

1 comment:

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...