Friday 18 October 2013

Be Merry Tag to use those scraps ;-)

Hello there,
I am here today with another card using the Be Merry stamp but this time I wanted to use up some of those off cuts you get with the Paper Stacks. They are perfectly sized to use on a card front with just a bit of
trimming but we ended up with a lot of little strips after our 21 cards at my all day class, ;-)

So, this is what I made with some of those bits...
 I inked this tag heavily, in fact it was stamped onto white card but I'm not sure it shows after I got busy with my Crumb Cake ink and a sponge? I left the paper loop nice and loose, 
please scroll down to see my top tips for making your loop...
 Top Tip 1: This paper strip was already 1.5cm deep but around this size is fine, I trimmed it to approx 9cm long and added banner ends. Then ink well ;-)
 then I simply added glue at the ends only after gently rounding the centre with my bone folder
Adhere to to the centre of the tag and add pearls to decorate :-)))
Top Tip 2: At the bottom of the tag is "To" and "From" but, like yesterday, I inked with markers to miss this section out. This leaves the bottom (and top centre where I just popped the loop) a bit bare so I wanted to add a second strip of matching paper, 
As the die for the tag trims the edges off I hand cut out the tag but that meant the die was the perfect width to cut the paper, look!
Well, I hope you liked today's card and it's helped with a few ideas to use up some of those off cuts we all keep around?
Thanks as ever for stopping by today,
Stampin' Hugs, 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...