Monday 29 July 2013

Emboss Resist with Betsy's Blossoms

Hi,
As promised I have the second card we made at our Embossing 101 class ;-)
We made a total of 3 cards using heat embossing with different techniques including a chalkboard card (yesterday's post) and I will share another tomorrow with you. Today it is Emboss Resist, I love this technique, it works especially well with this stamp from Betsy's Blossoms...
I used a rich colour combo of Raspberry Ripple and Midnight Muse
 To achieve this look, rub your card with your embossing buddy (to avoid any extra powder sticking to the card), stamp using Versmark and heat emboss using clear powder. Add swirls of ink with a dauber starting in the middle, I like mine to be darker in the centre so I went on adding in light layers until I was happy with the end result. The sentiment is from Itty Bitty Banners and has a very handy set of matching framelits. 
 this detail at the top is simply the 1+1/4" scallop circle with a (retired) heart clip, but we do still have some with cool arrows, speech bubbles and hangers HERE ;-) Add a rhinestone and a touch of ribbon and your done!
OK, so that's all for today! Back tomorrow with the last of the heat embossing cards
Thanks for stopping by today
Stampin' Hugs,
 

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the clip with the ribbon on the scallop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...