Saturday 8 June 2013

Secret Garden with a little Framelit Top Tip Tutorial

Hello there,
Following on from this weeks other posts using the Secret Garden stamps and framelits I wanted to make it a bit easier when you use the stamps to find the way the dies fit over the image so I made a quick tutorial for you at the same time :-) Scroll down to see it.
I will start with the last card from the class and its a colour combo of Midnight Muse with Calypso Coral, it's a CAS design and I really liked this look with the set, I teamed it with the frame and sentiment from Memorable Moments... 
(if you want to see more from either set click on the "Labels" link at the end of this post)

 as you can see we die cut out the flowers and leaves curving them with the bone folder for depth just adding some bakers twine in keeping with the CAS look
the Memorable Moments frame and sentiment which I skipped die cutting out and just stamped it straight onto the card layer in Basic Grey

 So, to make die cutting the irregular shaped flower out easier this is what I did;
Start by choosing a "top" section of the flower, I chose an area where there was slightly more gap between the petals but this is up to you ;-) Mark it with a sharpie
 then tip it up so you can see the front and the side edge, mark again directly above the first spot
 turn again and mark the reverse, this mark should be in exactly the same place as the front one
 now, I marked the scrap piece of card I was working on  for the benefit of this tutorial, I would say it was optional when you do this at home because you will be doing each step immediately (not stopping to take pics in between ;-))
 Now, ink and stamp your image ensuring your mark is at the top 
 Place the die over the image and mark at the same point and then each time you need to die cut this image out it should be easy to find the correct position!
 This tutorial is only really necessary with irregular shapes like the flowers from Secret Garden but I do hope it helps someone out there :-)
So, that's all from me for today,
Thanks for visiting!!
Stampin' Hugs, 
 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous clean design! Love the layered flowers and leaves! Great tip too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...