Wednesday 13 June 2012

How to die cut an image larger than your Stampin' Up! Framelits -Tutorial

Hello!
As promised I am here today with a little tutorial to share how I managed to get my balloons over the top of the framelit edge! I hope it helps some-one out there :-)  
 To start, lay the framelit over your image, making sure it is correctly positioned all around
 mark with a pencil either side of the overhanging image, inside the framelit
 cut exactly along the pencil line and then around the image 
*Top Tip-I like to leave a small white border, as shown, I think it looks better and is definitely more forgiving if you wobble when cutting ;-)
 pull the image over hang over the top of the framelit, ensuring the bottom edges are correctly positioned and die cut as normal, 
 once it is cut out, rub firmly with a bone folder on the reverse to get rid of most of the crease from the die
adhere to your card after inking the edges if desired.
I hope this helps you to get the best from your framelits and if you would like to order any then please do get in touch sarah-janerae@sky.com  ;-)
Thanks for stopping by today
Stampin' Hugs,

4 comments:

  1. Oooo aren't you clever - I am really impressed!!

    Luv
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such a helpful tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Tutorial Sarah-Jane
    I wouldn't have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...