Thursday 2 June 2011

Less is More, Squares

Good Morning!
And the sun it is a shining! Thank goodness for that-- else we have very bored children watching the telly box all half term week, don't we? O.k. not much chit chat today because my Mum has just phoned and we are going to go strawberry picking in a bit, so I need to get us all ready, including plenty of slip slap slop, 'cause we all burn ;-)
O.K. back to the LIM challenge, I made 2 cards for this, the first uses Make a Monster, I fancied making this for a girl however I am not thrilled with it tbh, ho hum, I will share anyway
I used Vellum card stock with sentiment from Curly Cute across the middle panel, 3mm taffeta ribbon bows to finish it off, I also embossed the bottom layer with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.
Now, I much prefer this card :-D I uses the NEW Level 1 hostess set from the mini A Slice of Life, I love this set! Sentiment is Basic Phrases punched with the Word Window Punch and trimmed at the ends to make a banner, 
 
I coloured the flowers with a blender pen and 2 ink pads and paper pieced the vase with Springtime Vintage DSP (Just 1 SHARE left) the edges were sponged with Baja Breeze ink before I layered onto my base card,
Well, that's today's cards for you, all made using SU! products and available through me ;-)
I just have to put the finishing touches to Junes news letter and we will be off, if you would like to be included then drop me a line sarah-janerae@sky.com and I will add you to my list. 
Happy Stampin'

12 comments:

  1. This card is just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely cards beautifully stamped and coloured.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah-Jane...these cards are just lovely! I think quite a few little girls love monsters just as much as boys! My personal favorite is the second card...love the simplicity of it...and LOVE that image!
    My card is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love your cards especially the second with the vase on it.
    Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards. Girls can be little monsters too lol.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the vellum with the sentiment, why have I never thought of that? and the flower filled vase looks very cute too. I need to get my make a monster set out and dust it off!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You asked what a low country boil is....

    "Famous in the Low Country of Georgia and South Carolina. This boil is done best on an outdoor cooker. It has sausage, shrimp, crab, potatoes and corn for an all-in-one pot all-you-can-eat buffet!"

    Ingredients
    Old Bay Seasoning TM to taste
    5 pounds new potatoes
    3 (16 ounce) packages cooked kielbasa sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
    8 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
    5 pounds whole crab, broken into pieces
    4 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
    newspapers

    Serves: about 15 people
    Directions
    1. Heat a large pot of water over an outdoor cooker, or medium-high heat indoors. Add Old Bay Seasoning to taste, and bring to a boil. Add potatoes, and sausage, and cook for about 10 minutes. Add the corn and crab; cook for another 5 minutes, then add the shrimp when everything else is almost done, and cook for another 3 or 4 minutes.
    2. Drain off the water, and pour the contents out onto a picnic table covered with newspaper. Grab a paper plate and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards Sarah-Jane, but I must agree with the girls... your second one is my favourite too!
    Lovely colours too!
    Thanks so much.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well not being a young girl anymore have to admit the first one is not really doing it for me. The second one is beautiful love it XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two gorgeous cards, love the cute little pink monster, but love the simplicity of the vase too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the pink monsters are pretty cool! But I totally understand the feeling of not quite liking a card - I did the same on one of my entries too!

    Ciara
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sarah-Jane, both great cards. I know some little girls (mine included!) who are not the princess type who would love that card. The second card, is just so elegant - that image is perfect so pretty. Being a grown-up girly - personal fav is the second one. Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...