Tuesday 14 September 2010

This Weekend Was Fun :-D

Helloooo,
Long time no craft!! But as on Sunday was my lovely Nans 90th birthday I just HAD to get some done ;-) It was really nice to get creative after such a long time not having the time (nor space/mojo mind) to make anything! We are still living in chaos here but seem to be getting there, the 1st half of the kitchen is being plastered today , now that's exciting!
Anyway, back to Nan. My dear Nan lives in Birmingham and if there has been one thing this last few (harrowing) weeks have taught us is that is that life is precious and you really don't know what is just round the corner, so with that in mind we all set off on Sunday morning for a surprise birthday visit, so when we got there I phoned her to wish her a Happy Birthday and then rang the doorbell! to say she was surprised...
Bless her :-D
This was the card I made for her,
I made it using the sketch from the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog, Sketch no 66,

Colours used were Sage Shadow and Pixie Pink (both retiring)


Stamp set used is Live Your Dream also retiring, better order now to avoid disappointment, some stuff has already sold out, I will update the list for you tomorrow,
A little piccie of the inside.
I also made little sweet boxes for the table (of which I will show you more of in the next few days as my camera battery was dead, luckily Mum had hers with her but I will have to wait and pinch some copies from her this week) I used some of the lovely "Bride" papers these will also be going at the end of the month or perhaps sooner...

a close up of the spray of flowers again from Live Your Dream, Clear buttons are also retiring.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will leave you today with a piccie of myself and Zack, he had an inset day today so I took him to Paultons park, it was fab as it was really quiet with no queues, all well and good but I just did 1 ride too many and was starting to feel REALLY sick, good job we had to come home and pick up Zoe from school when we did! lol!
So that's my weekend in one post, I hope you enjoyed yours.
I hope to be back soon with some more crafty yumminess,
Hugs Sarah-Jane xxx

5 comments:

  1. Aww lovely card and those cartons look FAB
    What a lovely surprise for your Nan

    Smashing piccy of you and Zack

    mandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is gorgeous!!! What pretty colors...so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I'm sure your Nan was delighted to see you all, days like that are truly special!
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely card and I love the boxes! Good that you are back into crafting - I am finally back in the blogging world after being without internet for 3.5 months!! I can't wait to meet up again with everyone at convention, Niki xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...