Friday 19 March 2010

40 today!

Happy birthday Rich!
Yes, it's our good friend Rich's birthday today and you know what that means don't you?? Yup, a dreaded card for a man! lol! Unusually the idea for this one came to me straight away.
I knew I wanted to use the champagne bottle from New Years Celebration as what is better for a special birthday that champers? ;0)
Colours used were So Saffron (retired paper) Night of navy background card which was stamped with matching ink using the fireworks stamp from the set and Old Olive DSP, I have also given you a special sneak peek, can you see what it is?? yes, on the bottle I have coloured the labels using fab new White Shimmer Paint, oooo, I love it already!
Star Punch (which is on offer this month, see top post) used on the front and in photo below, inside, Congrats stamp is from Say it with Scallops, Old Olive ribbon stapled to DS paper, small circle punch outs covered in Crystal Effects to make faux brads.
Now for his birthday he is getting an I-Pod (amongst lots of {40} other things) so we got him an I-Tunes voucher,
Here is the little pocket/card I made to hold it,
and here it is open.
Now, I have seen a few of this shape gift card holders around but I made this one up today as I was going, if you would like the measurements then please email me.
That's it for today, I am going to Reading tomorrow for a Stampin' Up! training day, I am so looking forward to it, not least to meet up with all the other SU! demos but also as these events are always so inspiring, then Sunday I am off to the Ideal Home Exhibition, it's gonna be a fun weekend!
I'll be back Monday with all the goss, make sure you pop by,
Hugs Sarah-Jane xx

3 comments:

  1. OOO WOW the perfect guy bday card.....LOVE your 40th creation!!! So creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic birthday card, so difficult to make men's cards but you've well and truly pulled it off, and a gift card to match double whammy - well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab fella card Sarah-Jane! I love that little gift card holder too ~♥~

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...